Posted from The Citrus Report
In a day and age where we, yes, we, The Citrus Report, tend to be a tad negative almost all the time, we wanted to create a list of a few things that we actually feel quite optimistic about. Look, we know, 2010 has provided a lot of moments to make you say, “Fucking hell, I’m giving up caring, sharing, and wearing my heart on my sleeve.” Gulf oil spills, Tea Parties, unemployment and really poor cinema are all on the list of things to be upset about.
So, we decided here on the site, as we watched Ericailcane paint some incredible pieces in our neighborhood this week, to create a list of a few things that we are actually optimistic about right this second…
1) Jerry Brown in, Arnie out.
2) Conan is back on!!!
3) Did we mention we watched Ericailcane paint for two days?
4) Jonathan Franzen’s “Freedom” is the best book we have read in years.
5) Pulp is reuniting.
6) The Giants won the World Series, even though that still feels fake.
7) Fall means Delicata Squash, you don’t even have to peel those fuckers, just straight in the oven.
You can play the violin on your iPad.
9) Rachel McAdams and Harrison Ford are back!
10) Ansel Adams or not, those photos are still pretty damn good.
11) Starbucks is lame, but damn, that one before the Grapevine off Highway 5, pure perfection.
12) You don’t have to use Facebook. You don’t. We like it, but you don’t need it.
13) Some grandparents don’t know what the Internet is, and they are like 80+ years old, and they are doing just fine.
14) Because of our Delicata squash push on this list, we will gain one new Citrus Report reader today.
15) Paul Newman, the greatest man to ever live, may not be alive, but his Newman’s Own charity just hit over $300m raised, and you can still buy his cookies and organic popcorn.
Posted By The Citrus Report