Posted from The Citrus Report
It’s two days before Christmas and you forgot to get your boss a present. Or not so much forgot but really couldn’t find him or her anything. Although most can’t find common interest with their boss or are not even sure if their boss has any actual interests (think Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation, he puts his gift to his boss on table where every employee has wrapped the exact same thing),, we really think deep down, your boss just wants a thoughtful gift that you didn’t spend a lot of money on because let’s face it, who knows if you will even have this job come January 1st. And that’s what makes this so fun. You just don’t know what your future is, and it could be riding on the this gift. So don’t blow it.
We made some helpful suggestions on what you could possible entertain as gift ideas.
1. Pickle of the Month Club: Etsy has a membership available that features an exotic variety of pickles but never underestimate a good old trip to Harry and David or Amazingclubs.com. More in our taste is the Peanut Butter and Jelly of the Month Club, but hey, we are not giving ourselves a special gift every month here.
2. Oprah’s Biography: Because it was on Oprah’s list of things to buy your boss.
3. The Food of Italy Gift Basket: Throw in some dried spaghetti, canned bolognese sauce, boxed wine, biscotti, and you’ve got yourself a taste of Tuscany.
4. FFFFOUND Invitation: Can someone please invite us for the love of God?!
5. Rent Beetlejuice for the day: This is horrible, who rents people?! But . . . imagine if this guy did all your correspondence for you for the day?
6. Timeshare in Norway. Invite yourself and your significant other and make it a couple’s vacation.
7. World’s Best Boss Mug from The Office. If Michael K Scott can have one so can your boss. Sorry, we have to put in the real boss, Ricky Gervais, now: “I suppose I’ve created an atmosphere here where I’m a friend first, boss second. Probably an entertainer third.”
8. If not Norway for your timeshare, Edmonton?
9. iPad. We hear this new Apple device is a “hot” gift this year.